Monday 28 December 2015

ANIMATION PRODUCTION


ANIMATION PRODUCTION

CURRENT EVALUATION

For my current project, Animation production, my outcome and goal is to created a animation, using the principles of 'cut out' animation. The final piece will be a 15 second animation along side both research and a development sketchbook. As always there was a theme to the project, which was 'circles'; after creating multiple brainstorms and coming up with several ideas i managed to start develop my strongest idea after a process of elimination, with the animation being based in a forest with suspense and horror.
I then created rough thumbnails and storyboards. I started to look into multiple artists’ style, work and the process of how they’re created to help get a sense of how I would create mine. Creating mood boards to collect their images and show the common elements in all their work to realise what they use/do to get their style; which gives them their own persona and recognition. With my refined ideas I developed them by tracing over each part using tracing paper to show the stages within the animation, using this as my storyboard.
Once I was happy with what the timeline would look like as a final outcome I developed different elements that would piece together my final animation; the background, the characters and the setting.
Researching multiple games, artists and films that help inspire and visualise my designs was a great idea as it thoroughly improved my vision of what my final animation would look like. This would all happen with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and then pieced together with Cinema 4D. I created alpha images for each piece, making it usable for working with Cinema 4D.

From the start and throughout the project my strengths were always my artwork skills, especially my  digital skills using programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator. I was very confident with this project as I knew the techniques and had the skills. I am at the final stages of my animation, with only several things needed to be added to it for it to be complete, i know i will finish on time and will have produced work that is to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment