Sunday 17 January 2016

ANIMATION PRODUCTION EVALUATION/SWOT


EVALUATION
This module was called Animation Production; which required making a 15 second animation based around the theme of ‘circles’. To start off, I created a brainstorm for the theme of circles and came up with multiple ideas for my images, after a process of elimination I decided to use my strongest idea to take forward, after a very short development I decided to change my idea to my weakest idea, I wanted to expand my style and techniques. The idea was a chase through a forest. I then created rough thumbnails and storyboards. I started to look into multiple artists’ style, work and the process of how they’re created to help get a sense of how I would create mine. Creating mood boards to collect their images and show the common elements in all their work to realise what they use/do, to get their style; which gives them their own persona and recognition. With my refined ideas I developed them by tracing over the assets individually in Illustrator, using a graphics tablet makes it much faster and the line work is a lot smoother. ­After developing multiple trees, two characters and some other assets for the background I inverted the colours, with the designs being created in Illustrator, the artwork will be vectors instead of bitmaps, and this allowed me to change the colours a lot quicker by selecting the whole image and simply changing the colours with the pallet, I created an alpha channel to allows the background to be clear when it was imported into Cinema 4D, with help from my tutor I created the basics of my animation the sk­y, floor camera movement and path for the camera to follow. Bit by bit I added the assets such as the trees in the background to cover the horizon, one the trees and assets were placed I then added the two characters, the last one being animated.
From the start and throughout the project my strengths were always my artwork skills, as well as my digital skills using programmes such as Photoshop and Illustrator. I was very confident with this project even though my knowledge of Cinema 4D was very little, I knew I would need a lot of assistance from my tutors and that was a huge comfort as it helped me to learn more about Cinema 4D quickly. What I would improve on is probably making sure I know how something can be done before making that part of my plan/idea.
I used InDesign to write my annotation for my digital work, I noticed several spelling errors were made when I printed my work out. The reason is that spellcheck is a manual option in InDesign therefore I was unaware of any spelling errors due to not being notified on the screen. I completely take the blame as I should have read my work before printing. The work looks unprofessional and also quite embarrassing therefore I will correct the mistakes and re-print the work.
Setting myself targets is a great way to help be prepared and to make sure I don’t encounter the same mistakes, my main target that I’m setting myself is to be more aware of time management and be sure each piece is finished before moving onto something else, overall I enjoyed this project a lot, being good and interesting in animation defiantly helped as well and I am looking forward to the next animation project, as well as the next illustration as the many artists I have looked at, didn’t inspire me much as this project was based on animations but I have a much wider range of styles and techniques to use in the next project.

SWOT ANALYSIS

S - Strengths;

W - Weaknesses;

O - Opportunities;

T - Threats; 

No comments:

Post a Comment