Sunday 3 January 2016

ARTIST RESEARCH - Alex Pardee


ARTIST RESEARCH

ALEX PARDEE







I chose these 3 illustrations created by Alex Pardee because not only did they grab my attention but I can relate to these much more than his other pieces of work, my favourite example would be the batman illustration, only it’s a frail, withered portrait of the character. The reason I love this so much is because it was my main focus and inspiration to help improve my art style, I was referred to Alex Pardee because of his abstract, weird and street art like style, similar to what I was looking for.


The skull illustration caught my attention because of how bold it was. Big, bright colours! But I was more interested in the technique and how the colour was applied. Again, Alex Pardee has started to become one of my favourites due to him insane artwork. 

Throughout this project I have used a lot of his work as reference, some for his attention to detail and others to help understand when there is too much going on in a single design.

No comments:

Post a Comment