Sunday 3 January 2016

ARTIST RESEARCH - Amy Sol


ARTIST RESEARCH

AMY SOL





I love these 3 illustrations created by Amy Sol! They usually aren’t my style but they did they grab my attention, I find the method and techniques used to create these inspiring, using wood as a canvas to paint on is a superb idea, a lot different to what I’m used to, either drawing on paper or digitally. But this helps to expand my knowledge with what instruments you can use when creating an illustration or piece of art.

For my animation development, this artist didn’t really inspire my ideas, as much as I like her work it just isn’t my art style therefore I won’t be taking elements of Amy Sol’s work and incorporating them in my own work.


The reason I chose these 3 specifically is because they have a lot of depth, within the detail of the painting and within the fore, mid and background. My favourite parts of these would probably be the contrast between the main focus and the backgrounds; which consist of much darker bolder tones that stand out and emphasise the main aspect, the light pastel colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment