Wednesday 6 April 2016

GRAFFITI SUPPLIES - BOMBING SCIENCE

BOMBING SCIENCE ORDER

Yesterday I received a package that I had purchased from www.bombingscience.com. The order contained multiple markers that I will review individually. Starting with the ones that attracted my attention first is the 'Molotow Chalk Pump Marker' this consists of a 15mm chiselled tip and comes in a variety of bright colours, I chose both neon green and orange, I chose both to see the comparison between the two, comparing the colours how well they work with each other despite being the same brand and model of markers.

Starting off with the aesthetics and how to use; the pen looks great! It's very obvious to tell what colour you have selected/bought and it distinctly shows the size of the tip. I also has straight forward instructions of how to use; by priming and pumping the pen first, also indicates how much it should be filled and shows exactly how much paint (well actually it is 'water-based chalk ink' but for now we will just say paint) is left in the pen. As far as performance goes, this has to be by far my favourite paint marker I have purchased; the sheer size allows to cover large areas with minimum effort. The strokes are smooth and don't drip after applied to any surface, whether it's paper, canvas, metal, glass, wood or a chalk board. This pen applies a fair layer of 'paint' that can be removed easily from smooth and non-absorbent surfaces. From my experiments with the marker I only had to use one stroke to cover an area due to how highly opaque the marker is.



Another marker that I purchased from Bombing Science was another Molotow, but from another series. There wasn't anything special about this compared to the chalk like ink that could be removed easily, this marker was a high quality permanent paint marker with a 15mm chiselled tip. Along with this series there are multiple markers that are in a variety of sizes; from the 127HS which has a 2mm tip, to a 4 or 8mm marker. 

This specific 420PP is chrome gold, the reason I chose this colour is because I have used a ton of Molotow markers but never a metallic or chrome colour and so far it is great, the flow of the paint and the opacity is different compared to the normal or neon colours but the one fault in the paint would be it is thinner and showing more marks from the chiselled tip and the direction of the stroke, this is only a minor example but doesn't change my overall judgement of these markers and to conclude that Molotow create some excellent products, all of which has their own unique adaptation that helps to sell that specific series.



Apart from a selection of Molotow products, I purchased a On The Run 'Calligraffiti' paint marker, again, quite similar to the previous products but this has a 200mm chiselled tip, this pump action marker has a flow control valve and uses alcohol based paint so make sure the area is well ventilate when using this marker. This specific marker is the .060 model, different to the other models such as the .084 and the .070. Along with my purchases I got a FREE Markal B Paintstik Marker, I found this very unusual because of how its made but I am having a lot of fun with this, the Markel B has the durability of paint and the convenience of a crayon, meaning each stroke creates an outer skin to protect it from drying out, with it being free I think this is an excellent product.





All these products that I have reviewed are avalieble at www.bombingscience.com along with a ton of awesome stuff; from markers, stickers, spray paint to clothing! This site has it all, not to mention their great postage/shipping. As I live in the UK I did expect to wait a while for my parcel to be delivered but I was surprised when I came home and it was delivered within the space of a week! To keep their audience interested in their products they have constant updates, sales and newsletters to showcase their latest stock along with free items you can select when ordering from the website including stickers, books, caps and markers just like my 'Markal B Paintstik'.

No comments:

Post a Comment