Tuesday 10 May 2016

CINEMA 4D - KARAMBIT

CINEMA 4D
KARAMBIT

After being taught several sessions with Cinema 4D to help with the Air Max project I decided to use them methods and techniques myself in my own time except creating something entirely different. After a recent purchase I wanted to try and create what I bought using Cinema 4D. Using Illustrator I created pen drawings; outlining the shapes to them be imported to Cinema 4D, unfortunately you have to save the file as a Illustrator 8 file to make it work/compatible but once created I simply dragged and dropped the file into a new Cinema 4D document.


Repeating this process over and over until all of the individual elements are placed and arranged in the correct position I then used the extrude tool to make the path 3-dimensional, altering the width of each shape to get it as accurate as the reference. This was the very basic model done but by using skills that I was taught I managed to use a 'Boole' to create more depth. Now it was time to add texture and lighting to help emphasise the metal texture with a light and reflection. There is still work that has to be done for me to be satisfied with the model.




Overall I enjoyed using what I learned to try out in my own time to create something as it helps me with my Cinema 4D skills and also reminds me how certain things are done and the process of doing them as I sometimes tend to forgot how to do something in 4D due to the specific order or instructions that are needed to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment