Tuesday 10 May 2016

PICTOPLASMA - JUN SEO HAHM

PICTOPLASMA
JUN SEO HAHM

One of my favourite artists that attended Pictoplasma was Jun Seo Hahm, his work caught my attention as soon as I decided to go to Pictoplasma, mainly because his characters/creatures he creates look so simple but the 3D model makes them look so realistic with the glossy, fleshy look. These biologically inspired characters and creatures were the face of this year's Pictoplasma. The artist seems to make a lot of conceptual art and not much for commercial use.

I love his creations, I think the simplicity of them is what makes them so unique, throughout his work he is constantly finding new ways to form/combine different elements/creations to create this monstrosity of a character. His style is great, using the same type of texture but with some alterations depending on the design, the skin tone glossy look is an excellent choice, it makes them look much more organic, real and cute at the same time. What I will take forward from Jun Seo Hahm's work would be the composition and how he lays out the characters, stacking them ontop of eachother or aligning them within a grid.



No comments:

Post a Comment