Sunday 27 March 2016

PERSONAL RESEARCH - KERBY ROSANES

INITIAL RESEARCH
KERBY ROSANES

I first saw Kerby Rosanes work while researching and looking for reference imagery, unfortunately I couldn't find out who created this art until I came across his illustrations on Instagram. What I was so attracted to his artwork is his 'Geometric Beasts' series, a group of illustrations consisting of multiple animals where one half of the animal will be drawn using geometric shapes. This really caught my attention, such small simple designs that consist of both realistic and imaginative/abstract artwork.

 

After understanding his process, methods and researching this artist in much more depth I started to try adn incorporate this style in some of my sketches, unfortunately they didn't seem to fit the current them at that time; they seemed like random illustrations therefore they weren't included in my sketchbook ideas and concepts. But knowing the process by practising means I could try and use this style in some of my later development to help refine the design or include more than one theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment