Sunday 27 March 2016

PERSONAL RESEARCH - NYCHOS

INITIAL RESEARCH
NYCHOS

As soon as my chosen idea was created as well as my theme, the first artist that I thought of that could be used as both excellent reference material and inspiration is work created by Nychos. An illustrator, character designer and graffiti artist that uses themes such as x-rays, skeletons and translucent all within his artwork, whether it's traditionally hand drawn or spray painted. With having my idea being very similar to his style it was obvious to use his work as a starting point to help visually create a structured plan of my design.






These were my initial inspiration, as I couldn't decide on the media I wanted to use so I stuck to his traditional illustrations as they would help me the most. With my idea of using animals, especially a wolf, finding a piece of artwork that he created that consisted of the same or similar animals increased my confidence of creating a successful illustration as I thought there could be too many elements in my design.

After experimenting with media and developing my sketches I have decided to use coloured pencils in my illustration, this will create more depth within the design and having a variety of colours could help to separate or identify the elements. I will continue to use Nychos work as a guide adn reference throughout the rest of this project alongside other artists that provide their own specific style or technique that I could learn and replicate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment