Wednesday 19 April 2017

EVALUATION FOR AIR MAX DAY- PART OF WBL

EVALUATION - AIR MAX DAY (WORK BASED LEARNING)

This project was one of the live briefs within the WBL project, the theme was based on the upcoming event of Air Max Day and the final piece will be entered into the Adobe Awards competition. My idea consisted of a series of shapes and 3D elements placed together in Cinema 4D to create a scenario that represents the chosen trainers appearance and materials. I used my own pair of Nike Air Force Ones adn recreated an image using both shapes and 3D objects to represent the materials, colour and appearance of that specific trainer. I created a mood board of all the posters that were created for Nike to advertise this upcoming event and I highlighted the elements I liked and using this was reference I pieced together my idea on paper to then transfer digitally. 

To create the specific shapes I created them within Illustrator using the pen tool and then saved it as a Illustrator 8 file as that is the only version compatible with Cinema 4D, inserting them into the 4D document I arranged them into the position that I was happy with, starting with the background then applying them to the mid then foreground. After all the elements were placed onto the document and I was happy with the position of each object I then started to search for materials that are as close to the material of the trainers. I used examples from the content browser that Cinema 4D has to offer then adjusted the properties and other materials I created myself. The process of creating this environment is almost complete, the last stage was to add lighting adn casting shadows, this adds a little more depth to the design adn brings out the properties of the material with the light reflecting of the surface.





I enjoyed the whole process of this project, from sketching the idea to building it with Cinema 4D, after the previous project that was based on using Cinema 4D and After Effects I realised how much I enjoy using 3D software to create environments or animated objects. I am happy with the outcome of the design and I'm confident that it is good enough for the brief and the Adobe Awards. Certain things that I can improve on so it won't occur within the next project similar to this one, is don't stick with one design. After it has been rendered, doesn't mean the design is complete it can be altered and have other elements added to within Photoshop. Another area of improvement would be to create additional ideas and designs and then chose the best and most strongest to then develop and finalise.

No comments:

Post a Comment