Wednesday 19 April 2017

EVALUATION FOR PRINTMAKIG

EVALUATION - PRINTMAKING 

This project was entirely based creating relief prints, using a previous illustration to then alter for the plate design or create a new illustration to use. I recycled the illustration of the previous project, character design and took the design of the character Anansi and altered it to fit in the 25cm by 25cm document to then get it laser cut on a materiel of your choice, whether its plastic or wood to create a texture then the design was the pressed and rolled with ink to create a relief print. This project was purely experimental and didn't require any research or previous planning; just documenting the process of creating these relief prints and experiment with different coloured inks and even blind embossed the design without using any ink, having the design press into the paper. I enjoyed this short and easy project as it didn't require weeks of planning, refining ideas adn designs to then be developed. Simply create a design for the plate adn produce prints within you own time. 



I then documented the process of altering the original illustration to create the design for the plate and explained the pros and cons of my relief prints I produced, wherever they weren't successful and consisted of mistakes or explaining how I applied a base coat of red ink then layered the black ink above. There are many different ways and methods you can use when creating prints.I used 2 additional designs that I created in my own personal time and produced additional prints to then hand in with this project, having a series of different designs and different medias/methods showed the experimenting that I produced. Overall I really enjoyed this project adn I would like to have more projects that are quick and don't require planning or research, just the process and creation for the final pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment