Tuesday 18 April 2017

REFLECTIONS - 18/04/2017

REFLECTION FOR 18/04/2017

Today I have finally completed my book and have sent it off to be made, It has taken longer than I have expected due to several designs within the book taking longer to create and having to wait on illustration to be finished like my comic also the vinyl design. I really like to appearance and layout, I spent the most amount of time making sure the layout of illustrations made sense and looked appealing, my favourite part of the book would be the front cover an the pattern page inside the book. I decided to use a section of the front cover design as the pattern page as it blends the two together, allowing it not look random and it creates a house style by showing a large proportion of comic art, alongside the chosen typeface which is a comic style font. 



I do wish I had more time to create this book and the contents within, I would of created range of more illustrations using a wide selection of different art styles, media, techniques and software. On a professional level I would like my book to be shared across social media and hopefully have it become recognisable which could bring many opportunities my way, whether it’s a collaboration with another illustrator or to create commissions to then sell my at work. Overall I think that this book is a great idea and can help younger illustrators get their name and work spread across social media.



No comments:

Post a Comment