Wednesday 19 April 2017

EVALUATION FOR DIGITAL SKILLS APPLICATION

EVALUATION - DIGITAL SKILLS APPLICATION

This project was called digital skills application, the brief was to create a series of sequential illustrations all based around a theme or narrative or an animation, I chose to create three illustrations all connecting to the theme of psychedelic and hallucinogenic consumables. The designs follow a narrative that connects the three illustrations together.

All three illustrations are inspired by the surrealism art movement and artists such as Todd Schorr and Mark Ryden, whereas the art style of theses illustrations is something that I don’t tend to produce, this project was a perfect time to learn new technique and illustration methods, learning new digital skills to then apply to a concept. Throughout the entire project I used a selection of programs, such as; Illustrator, Photoshop and Cinema 4D.





What I like about the final pieces and the process to create them is the techniques and methods that I have learned in order to produce these, there were several issues and challenges that I had to overcome, one being taking out a huge element of my initial design half way though creating my first illustration but after help from tutors, classmates and recreating a timetable to organise what had to be done or altered.  The positives of this brief was learning a new art style that I want familiar with, using colours  that contrast with a minimal amount of linework, yet still show depth of field and 3D like elements by just using tones of colour. The negatives would be the constant changes to my idea; all of which have been resolved and the outcome has been a great improvement to the previous design. Usually my timekeeping and organising my time to spend on specific illustrations, is my downfall but by constantly referring to my timetable I have been much organised throughout this project.


In the next project I would like to incorporate using multiple software and production methods to not only expand my knowledge of these skills but to produces illustrations all of which consist of multiple media. I would like to set myself several targets to improve in for the next project, the first being to allow my initial idea be more flexible, to accept changes and ask tutors and classmates for opinions on my idea before I go ahead and develop the design. Another target would be to dedicate a specific amount of time for every final that is being produced. Although my timetable helped a lot it wasn’t enough to split my time wisely and focus on the important aspects and elements first, leaving the least complicated or design that requires less skill to be completed after the essentials are finished. Overall I am very happy with the work I have produced for this project, I enjoyed working with the brief and I am satisfied with the illustrations I have produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment